The Open Group is a global consortium that enables the achievement of business objectives through technology standards. The Open Group offers its member organizations an effective platform to influence the competitive environment, advance their companies’ positions, and achieve enduring returns on their technology and enterprise investments.
The Open Group members share a vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ that enable’s access to integrated information, within and among enterprises, based on open standards and global interoperability.
While customers and suppliers work together toward this objective, their membership in The Open Group yields distinctive benefits for individuals and their organizations. The development of open technology standards addresses both technical and business issues. Technology standards includes open systems architecture, IT, interoperable process control and sensor systems.
Customers | Technology End-users:
• Stay ahead of the curve by knowing what standards are coming
• Gain better understanding of and compliance with standards
• Protect against obsolescing current investments
• Get insight for future decisions from major customers and suppliers of technology
• Share lessons learned and best practices
• Avoid expensive and futile paths of action
• Know where suppliers are going to ensure compliance and ease integration
Suppliers | Technology Vendors:
• Give customers greater confidence in their skills, knowledge, product quality and interoperability
• Are better aligned with market demand
• Influence the competitive marketplace and advocate for their position
• Gain insight for future decisions from major customers and suppliers of technology
• Reduce time-to-market
• Have access to skilled talent outside your organization
Vendors and suppliers also benefit from having access to major technology buyers. The combined purchasing power of the technology buyers that are members of The Open Group exceeds USD $50 billion per year. That currently represents about 25% of the total technology purchasing power worldwide.